Sensory Friendly Performances
Upcoming Sensory Friendly Performance
Bonfire Summer Camp: Alice In Wonderland Jr. Thursday, June 28th 7pm at The .Zack Theatre
Purchase Tickets Here:
Past Sensory Friendly Performances
Ignite Theatre Company is dedicated to making theatre accessible for all audience members and increasing inclusion for those on the autism spectrum and with other sensory, social, and cognitive disabilities.
To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, dedicated Sensory Friendly performances include:
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Extra staff and volunteer support.
- Designated “Quiet Area” and “The Wiggle Section”
- Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets & earplugs) available in the lobby before the show
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Families may select their own seats, but if special assistance or a buffer seat is needed, please let our staff know in advance.
(From the Childen's Theatre Company)
Learn more about our past sensory friendly performance of Seussical (TYA)
sTUDENT amBASSADOR jOSH gROSS
Josh has been in Ignite SPARK company member since 2016. He has appeared in Shrek the Musical (Pinocchio), Willy Wonka Jr. (Ensemble), and Disney's the Lion King Jr. (Pumba). He has also served as a "Kindness Ambassador" where his "Make someone smile" initiative met much success.
Josh is a talented young man who has been active in community theatre through out St, Louis and is an avid musical theatre fan. He is on the autism spectrum and is open and vocal with his cast mates helping this understand him and prepare for this premier sensory performance.